Sweet-Sixteen is a special time in every girl’s life, and Lilah, a fan of BRAVO TV’s “Shear Genius,” had a very unique wish for hers—have Brig Van Osten, the Season 3 winner of the show, transform her natural hair color into pastel pink for her 16th birthday. Using PRAVANA’s VIVIDS, here is how Brig transformed Lilah’s blonde locks into a pretty pink shade:
Formula: Equal Parts ChromaSilk VIVIDS Pink + ChromaSilk PASTELS Pretty in Pink
Step by Step:
- Part hair into four sections
- Start at nape of neck
- Take a slice of hair and place onto foil
- Begin application of PRAVANA Pure Light Powder Lightener & 20 volume developer, off the scalp through ends
- Turn brush vertically and stagger the application 1” off scalp. This will create a grown-out effect.
- Continue slicing all of the hair in each section
- Lift hair up to at least a level 8. For best pastel results, lift hair to a level 10.
- Shampoo hair and blow dry
- After hair is dried, part into 4 sections
- Apply Pravana VIVIDS Pastels Pretty in Pink + VIVIDS Pink Mixture all over hair for 20 minutes; no heat is necessary to process
- Rinse color with cool water and condition
For more information on PRAVANA, please visit www.pravana.com.
Haircolor: Brig Van Osten with Celeste Johnson
Hairstyle: Brig Van Osten
Make-up: Aly Frank
Photography: Brig Van Osten & Todd Jones
Images courtesy of Pierce Mattie Communications